Direct Call Forwarding on the Number Level
What it does: Call forwards every phone call that comes to a designated phone number
Who can set it: Admin users
How to use it: Frank is selling part of his business to a partner who uses a phone system other than FluentStream. During the separation process of the companies, Frank needs calls for a certain number to reach the new owner. The most efficient way to handle this will be to directly forward all calls to this number.
When it won't work: If you need to maintain call recordings on the FluentStream system
Pro Tips: There is no call confirm option for this set up, so the call will not hit the FluentStream system if it goes unanswered or rejected. This option is best if the call forwarding number should be the ONLY destination for the call.
- Log into my.fluentcloud.com. You must be an admin to access this.
- Go to Settings>Phone Numbers.
- Select the phone number you would like to forward from the left side of the screen.
- Make sure you are under the "Phone Number Settings" Tab.
1. You will select Call Forwarding from the drop down menu. This will allow you to enter a phone number to forward to.
2. Here under Always Forward to: you will enter the phone number you would like to forward to. To ensure proper routing, include the Area Code and format the number like: 5557778888.
3. Location: The Location of this Phone Number. If this phone number is used for multiple locations, just select 1. The e911 is activated per the Extension location, so you do not need to worry about that setting here.
4. Prepend Caller ID: If you would like a specific caller ID attached to any incoming calls to that number, such as "Sales" or "Tech". Prepend Caller ID is limited to 5 characters.
5. Distinctive Ring: If you would like incoming calls to that number to have a distinctive ring. You may want this if you have multiple phone numbers ringing the same extension.
6. Emergency Route: If you have an emergency route set up in the event of internet outage and want all incoming calls route to route there.
7. Record All Inbound Calls: If you would like all incoming calls made to that number to be recorded.
If you need assistance, please contact FluentStream Support at 303-GO-CLOUD, or 303-462-5683 (opt 2).