The instructions below are intended for users on the FluentSteam phone system, and may not be applicable for devices on other platforms. For more information on using our platform, please visit our website FluentStream.com or give us a call at 303-462-5683, opt 1.
You can set up a conference call with two or more other people. Ask your system administrator to for the maximum number of people you can set up a conference with.
Just as with other calls, you can hold and resume conference calls. In addition, you have the option to split a conference call – to end the conference and place the people you were talking with on hold.
If your system administrator enables the conference management feature on your phone, you can manage each person in a conference call. You can you can mute, hold, and remove each person in the conference. For more information, see Managing Conference Call Participants.
Setting Up Conference Calls
You can set up a conference by calling two people and using the Confrnc soft key, or by joining two existing calls using the Join soft key.
To set up a conference call:
1. Call the first person.
2. From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap Confrnc. The active call is held.
3. Using the Dialer, call the second person.
4. When the second person answers, tap Confrnc to join everyone in a conference. The Active: Conference screen displays, as displayed next.
Holding and Resuming Conference Calls
When you place a conference call on hold, you place the other people in the call on hold. No one in a held conference call can hear each other.
To place a conference call on hold:
From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap Hold. If you’re in Calls view, highlight the conference first. The other people in the conference are held. The following example shows a held conference in Calls view.
To resume a held conference call:
From Lines or Calls view, tap Resume.
Ending Conference Calls
To end a conference, tap End Call. By default, when you tap End Call, the other people in the conference remain connected with each other. However, your system administrator can set up your phone so that all connections end.
To end a conference call:
From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap End Call.
Splitting Conference Calls into Two Held Calls
When you split a conference, you end the conference and place the other two people on hold. You can split an active or held conference call.
To split a conference call:
From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap Split.
The conference call ends. By default, the other two people are held.
Managing Conference Call Participants
If your system administrator enables the conference management feature on your phone, you can
manage conference call participants. You can you do the following:
- Mute a participant.
- Hold a participant.
- Remove a participant from the conference.
- List information about a participant, such as the participant’s name, number, and call details—such as whether the call is muted, held, or is video-enabled.
To manage a participant in a conference call:
1. Set up an active conference call.
2. From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, tap Manage. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The following examples show the screens that display when you manage a conference.
3. Tap the participant you want to manage.
4. Do one of the following:
- Tap Far Mute to mute the participant. The muted participant can hear everyone, but no one can hear the muted participant.
- Tap Hold to hold the participant. The held participant cannot hear anyone, and no one can hear the held participant.
- Tap Remove to remove the participant from the conference, end the conference call, and create an active call between you and the participant still in the call.
- Tap Information to view information about the participant and their call status. When you tap Information, a popup displays listing the person’s information, as displayed next.
5. Tap Back to exit the conference management function.