You can perform types of transfers:
• Attended—Call the person to whom you are transferring the call and speak to them before transferring the call.
• Blind—Transfer the call without speaking to the other party to whom you are transferring the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call or with a call on hold, press Transfer.
STEP 2 Do one of the following:
• Enter the number to where you want to transfer the call; or
• Press Directory and choose a number from the personal directory.
STEP 3 Press Dial or wait a few seconds. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the number.
STEP 4 Do one of the following:
• To transfer the call without waiting for the other person to answer, press
Transfer after the call begins to ring and hang up. If you hang up before the second call rings, the transfer fails and the first call is disconnected. If you misdial, press the second line button again to receive a dial tone.
• To transfer after speaking privately to the other person, press Transfer at any time during the conversation.
Performing an Unattended (Blind) Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call press BlindXfer.
STEP 2 Enter the number to where you want to transfer the call and press Dial. The call is transferred with no further action required.