Enabling Headset Memory Mode
To enable Headset Memory Mode:
Configuring Headset Options
Before you start using your headset, you need to configure certain
options on your headset base unit and on your phone. The following
section details when and how to set these options.
Setting the Headset Base Unit Options
Before you connect your headset to your phone, be sure to set the following options on your specific headset base unit model:
- For Jabra headsets, change the headset mode to DHSG on the headset
base unit. For details, refer to your headset documentation or contact
- For Plantronics headsets, change the coarse receive level to 3 and
the transmit level to B on the headset base unit. Refer to the Universal
EHS Adapter Getting Started guide packed in the headset box for more
- For Sennheiser headsets, set the first DIP switch - labeled 1 (DHSG)
- to the down position on the back of the headset base unit. See, how
to connect a Sennheiser headset for more information. For details, refer
to your headset documentation or contact Sennheiser support.
Setting the Phone Analog Headset Options
You may set the phone analog headset option locally through the phone.
To set the analog headset option on your phone:
1. Navigate to the Analog Headset menu (Menu > Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Analog Headset).
2. Select the appropriate headset mode:
- Choose Regular Mode (default) if no compatible headset is attached.
- Choose Jabra DHSG if an EHS compatible Jabra headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
- Choose Plantronics Mode if an EHS compatible Plantronics headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
- Choose Sennheiser Mode if an EHS compatible Sennheiser headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
Connecting your Headset
If you have an EHS-compatible headset and headset adapter, follow the steps listed next to connect your headset to your phone.
To connect a supported headset to your phone:
1. Plug one end of the EHS adapter or cable into the serial port on the back of your phone.
2. Plug the other end into the headset base unit.
3. Connect the headset’s RJ-9 connector to the headset jack on the back of the phone.
Enabling Echo Cancellation to Troubleshoot Echo Issues
In some cases when you are using your headset, the people that you
call may experience audio or echo issues - such as feedback of your
voice or of their own voice - during the call. If people that you call
hear an echo while you are talking to them using your headset, you
should enable echo cancellation on your phone.
To enable echo cancellation on your phone:
1. Navigate to the Echo Cancellation menu: Menu > Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Echo Cancellation.
2. Select Enabled and press the Select soft key.