A call can be transferred in one of three ways:
Consultative transfer—The party to whom you want to transfer the call answers their phone before you transfer the call or hang up. You can consult with them before completing the transfer.
Blind transfer—The call is automatically transferred after you dial the number of the party to whom you want to transfer the call.
- Attended transfer—The parties are automatically connected to each other after you exit the conference. Set up a conference call and then end your participation.
Performing a Consultative Transfer
To transfer a call:1. During a call, press the or the Trnsfer soft key.
The active call is placed on hold.
2. Place a call to the desired recipient of the call.
3. As soon as you hear the ring-back sound or after the party answers (and you speak to the party), press or the Trnsfer soft key.
You can talk privately to the party to which you are transferring the call before the transfer is completed.
If you are using a handset, the transfer can be completed by putting the handset on the cradle.
You can cancel the transfer before the call connects by pressing the Cancel soft key.
Performing a Blind Transfer
To perform a blind transfer:
1. During a call, press or the Trnsfer soft key.
2. Press the Blind soft key.
3. Place a call to the desired recipient of the call.
At this point, the call is connected to the number to which you are transferring them.