You can add contacts to your local Contact Directory in the following ways:
- Manually, if you have permission to update your local Contact Directory
- From a call list
Adding Contacts Manually
You can update your local Contact Directory manually, instead of importing contact information from a call list.
To add a contact manually:
1. Press the Dir soft key, and then select Contact Directory.
The Directory screen displays.
2. To add a contact to your phone’s database, press the Add soft key.
The Add To Directory screen displays.
3. Enter the contact information. To move between fields, use the Up and Down scroll keys. Enter the following information:
- (Optional.) Enter the First Name and Last Name of the contact.
You can enter a maximum of 32 characters. To alternate between numeric, uppercase, and lowercase alphanumeric modes, press the 1/A/a soft key. To enter text in another language, press the Encoding soft key.
- (Required.) Enter the Contact phone number.
You can enter a maximum of 32 characters. The contact number must be unique, and must not already exist in the directory. If you try to save an entry with a non-unique phone number, or you do not enter a phone number, an error message displays.
- (Optional.) Change the Speed Dial Index number.
The speed dial index is automatically assigned to the next available index value, up to a maximum value of 99.
You can assign any unused speed dial index number from 1 to 99. If you assign a speed dial index number that is already taken, or you enter an invalid speed dial index number (for example, 0 or 00), an error message displays.
- (Optional.) Enter a Label for the contact. You can enter a maximum of 32 symbols, letters, or numbers.
If you specify a label, the label will be the first item that displays for the contact in the Contact Directory and on the Speed Dial Info screen (before the contact’s first and last names, if specified). For example, in the following figure, the labels Sales and Marketing have been assigned to contacts in the local Contact Directory.
- (Optional.) Set the Ring Type.
4. Press the Save soft key.
5. Press twice to return to the idle screen.
Adding Contacts From Call Lists
You can save call information from a call list to your local Contact Directory.
To add a contact to the local Contact Directory from a call list:
1. Press the Dir soft key, and then select Call Lists > Missed Calls, Received Calls, or Placed Calls.
2. Scroll to the contact.
You can use the * key to Page Up and the # key to Page Down.
3. To save the contact to your Contact Directory, press the Save soft key.
4. Press twice to return to the idle screen.