When you transfer a call to another person, you have the option to talk to the person before the transfer completes. This is called an Attended Transfer.
Alternatively, you may do a blind transfer. This is when you automatically transfer a call without talking to the other person. The call is automatically transferred after you dial the number you’re transferring the call to.
To perform an attended transfer:1. When on a call, press Transfer. The active call is held.
2. Place a call to the person you want to transfer the call to.
3. When you hear the ring-back sound, press Transfer to complete the transfer. Or, if you want to talk with the person before the transfer completes, connect and talk with the person, and then press Transfer.
To cancel the transfer before the call connects, tap Cancel.
To perform a blind transfer:1. When on a call, press and hold Transfer.
2. Highlight Blind and press Select. The active call is held.
The call automatically transfers to the person you specified.
To perform a direct transfer to voicemail:
1. When on a call, press Transfer. The active call is held.
2. Press Blind and place a * in front of the extension number (ex *1001).
If you don’t see Blind, press More, and then Blind.
The call automatically transfers to the select voicemail box you specified.