Using the FluentStream system you can easily set a number up for eFax. You can either dedicate a number to be use for efax or you can use a number for both voice and efax purposes.
First, go to Settings>Phone Numbers:
Select the phone number you'd like to enable for eFax, then select Fax Settings:
1. Allow as Outbound eFax Caller ID: You will want this set to "On" if you plan on making outbound faxes and want this number as a caller ID.
2. Inbound Detection: You will want this set to "On" if you want to receive incoming eFaxes on this number.
3. Fax Detection Wait Time: This is how long the system will run the fax detection. The recommended setting is 5.
4. Fax Minimum Rate: This is the minimum transmission rate the line will detect for. The recommended setting is 2400.
5. Fax Maximum Rate: This is the maximum rate the line will detect for. The recommended setting is 14400.
6. Enable T.38: We recommend keeping this "On" to allow faxes between VoIP and Analog machines.
7. Error Correction Mode: We recommend keeping this "On" to automatically detect and correct errors in the fax transmission process that are sometimes caused by telephone line noise.
If you need assistance, please contact FluentStream Support at 303-GO-CLOUD, or 303-462-5683 (opt 2).