Grandstream's Application Description:
Grandstream Wave is a FREE softphone application which allows users to make and receive voice calls through their business or residential SIP accounts on any Android™ device (version 4.0+) from anywhere in the world, via either cellular data or WiFi. This application supports integration of up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing, and allows users to monitor their IP PBX (such as Grandstream's UCM6100 series IP PBX & UCM6510 IP PBX) while utilizing speed dial with up to 24 virtual BLF keys. Grandstream Wave also supports advanced SIP telephony features including call transfer, LDAP phonebook integration and more. With Grandstream Wave, business and residential users always have access to their SIP lines and can easily keep in touch with business or personal contacts without using expensive cellular data plans.
Basic setup instructions. (Future support for quick QR code account setup will be implemented as Grandstream releases more information on that feature to developers.)
When the app opens, navigate to: Settings, Account Settings, Add New Account
Select "Sip Account"
Account Name: Your own Label for identification
Sip Server: xxx-phone-x-tcp.fluentcloud.com
SIP User ID: extension-tenant
SIP Authentication ID: extension-tenant
Password: (Phone Password from extension page in my.fluentcloud.com)
- Voicemail User ID: *97
- Hit the Checkbox at top right of the screen to save.
* If you are unsure what to enter for some of the above fields, you can contact FluentStream support at 303-GoCloud or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are taken back to the Account Settings page after saving, Select your New Account(Account Name) to continue setup steps:
Scroll down to SIP Settings Section
- Disable "Enable Session Expiration"
- Change Transmission Protocol to: TCP
- Set Unregister Before New Registration to: Do Not Unregister
- Set Register Expiration to: 5
- Enable the "Only Accept SIP Requests from known servers" toggle.
Scroll down to the Network Settings section
- Change DNS mode to: SRV
- Scroll Down to Codec Settings Section
- Enable "G722" under each of the Preferred Vocoder Menus.
- Other codecs can be enabled and tested by also enabling them on the extension page in the portal. iLBC is good for mobile networks, though results depend heavily on the stability and quality of the mobile network.
Scroll back to the Top of the menu and toggle the Activate Account off\on to reload the account settings you just applied. If you have any issue with getting the account online, first check your SIP user\Auth ID\password for typos and Case sensitive letters and don't hesitate to contact FluentStream support at 303-GoCloud or send us an email email@example.com for further assistance.
The full updated User Guide from Grandstream can be found here