Parking lots are used to place calls on hold and retrieve them again from any phone in the system. Parking lots generally start with 700 and go up as many numbers as there are lots.
Parking and Retrieving Calls
To place a call into a parking lot, you will transfer the call to “700” as if it were its own extension. The call is then parked on the first open lot, starting with 701. To use parking lots, you can press the Parking Lot keys assigned to the phone or you can transfer a call to a parking lot. To place a call in a specific lot, you can select the lot you want them to be placed in and the call can be retrieved from there. To send them to the next available lot, you will select lot 700. To retrieve the call, you will select the lot the customer is in or dial the lot number.
Parking Lots with BLF Keys
Parking lots are most commonly utilized with Busy Lamp Fields (BLFs), which are the keys near the screen on most IP desk phones that display the status of the other extensions in your system. If your phone is compatible, you can add BLF keys for parking lots as well. This will allow you to see if someone is currently parked in one of the lots so you know that the caller is still waiting. To park a call using your BLF keys, press the Park key while in a call, and it will place that call on the first available lot, and display a red light on the button, telling you that lot now has a call parked in it.
To set up Parking Lots:
1. First, enable the parking lots by selecting Features > Parking Lots
2. Toggle the option Parking Enabled to the right
3. The spaces will be the number of parking lots allowed on the account. In this instance, parking lots 701-704 will be available to this tenant
4. The Timeout value determines how many seconds the caller will remain in the lot before going to the Timeout Application
5. The Timeout Application will direct the caller to whatever you have set as the application.
To set up Parking Lots on the device:
1. Create the Lots in the Button Configurations
2. Add Parking Lot 700 and Parking Lots up to the spaces allowed
3. Apply them in the Device Provisioning
If you have any questions using parking lots or BLF keys, please call us at 303-GO-CLOUD opt. 2