N600 Wireless Dual Band Router (WNDR3400v2)
Quality of Service (QoS) Setup
QoS is an advanced feature that can be used to prioritize some types of traffic ahead of others. The N600 Wireless Dual Band Router can provide QoS prioritization over the wireless link and on the Internet connection. To configure QoS, use the QoS Setup screen.
Select Advanced > Setup > QoS Setup to display the following screen:
QoS for a MAC Address
To create a QoS policy for traffic from a specific MAC address:
1. Select Advanced > Setup > QoS Setup, and click the Setup QoS Rule button. The QoS Setup screen displays.
2. Click Add Priority Rule.
3. From the Priority Category list, select MAC Address to display the following screen:
4. If the device to be prioritized appears in the MAC Device List, select its radio button. The information from the MAC Device List populates the policy name, MAC Address, and Device Name fields. If the device does not appear in the MAC Device List, click Refresh. If it still does not appear, you have to complete these fields manually.
5. From the Priority list, select the priority that this device’s traffic should receive relative to other applications and traffic when accessing the Internet. The options are Low, Normal, High, and Highest. Click Add to add this rule to MAC Device List.
6. Click Apply to save this rule to the QoS Policy list and return to the QoS Setup screen.
7. In the QoS Setup screen, select the Turn Internet Access QoS On check box.
8. Click Apply