Ring tones are used to indicate incoming calls. You can select different ring tones to distinguish different accounts registered on your phone, or to distinguish your phone from your neighbor’s.
To select a ring tone for the phone via phone user interface:
1. Press Menu->Basic->Sound->Ring Tones.
2. Press or to select the desired ring tone.
3. Press the Save soft key to accept the change or the Back soft key to cancel.
To select a ring tone for the account via web user interface:
1. Click on Account.
2. Select the desired account from the pull-down list of Account.
3. Click on Basic.
4. Select the desired ring tone from the pull-down list of Ring Type.
If Common is selected, this account will use the ring tone selected for the phone.
Refer to the above instruction.
5. Click Confirm to accept the change.
A ring tone for the account is configurable via web user interface only.
The ring tone for an incoming call on the phone may be different.
For example, when the phone receives an incoming call from a contact stored in the local directory, it will play the ring tone assigned to the contact in the local directory (refer to Adding Contacts).
If no ring tone is assigned to the contact, the phone will play the ring tone assigned to the associated group (refer to Groups).
Otherwise, the phone will play the ring tone assigned to the account. If no ring tone is assigned to the contact and account, the phone will play the ring tone assigned to the phone.
To upload a custom ring tone for your phone via web user interface:
1. Click on Settings->Preference.
2. In the Local Ringtone field, click Browse to locate a ring tone (the file format must be .wav) file from your local system.
3. Click Upload to upload the file.
All custom ring tone files must be within 100KB. Uploading custom ring tones for your phone is configurable via web user interface only.