You can customize your phone so that incoming calls are transferred directly to a third party such as another extension, mobile phone number, etc. There are two ways to transfer the call: Blind Transfer and Attended Transfer.
Performing an Blind Transfer
When you use a blind transfer, you transfer a call without speaking
to the party to whom you’re transferring the call. The call is
automatically transferred as soon as you dial the party’s number.
To perform a Blind Transfer:
1. Press Tran button or Tran softkey during an active conversation
2. Dial the telephone number you want to transfer to and hang up to complete the transfer.
3. The call will be transferred and you will be disconnected from the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer
Perform an attended transfer if you want to talk to the party to whom you’re transferring the call. Or, you can choose not to talk to the party. In this case, you wait for the party’s ring-back sound, and then transfer the call.
To perform an Attended Transfer:
1. Press the Tran button or Tran softkey during an active conversation
2. Dial the number you want to transfer to.
3. When the phone is answered, you can have a private conversation without the first person hearing it, then hang up to complete the transfer.
4. The call will be transferred and you will be disconnected from the call.
Transferring to Voicemail
To Transfer to Voicemail via phone interface:You can transfer a call to voicemail of any extension by performing a Blind Transfer and adding * before the extension number (ex. *102). Once the transfer has completed, the call will be sent directly to voicemail without the extension ringing.