You can associate a contact with the second line key for single touch dialing of a frequently used
For example in the figure below, pressing the second line key places a call to James.
Note: Speed Dial Key on Screen
The contact with the lowest speed dial index will be associated with the Line 2 key for single touch dialing.
You can also associate frequently used numbers with a speed dial index. To dial a contact associated with a speed dial index, enter the speed dial index followed by the # key using the dial pad, then press the Dial key or pick up the handset.
You can access the Speed Dial list by pressing the Menu key and selecting Features > Speed Dial or by pressing the Up arrow key from the idle screen.
When a new entry is added to the Contact Directory, it is automatically assigned the next available speed dial index and the new entry appears at the bottom of the Speed Dial list.
Assigning Speed Dial Indexes
To add or edit a speed dial index for an existing contact:
1. Press the Dir soft key.
2. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to scroll through the list to find the contact.
3. Press the Select key to select the entry.
4. Press the Edit soft key.
5. Press the Down arrow key repeatedly until the speed dial index displays.
6. Press the Select key to select the speed dial index for edit.
7. Do one of the following steps:
- Enter the next available speed dial index.
- Delete the existing speed dial index by using the Backspace soft key, and then enter a new speed dial index.
To assign a new speed dial key:1. Press and hold the second line key if unassigned.
A new empty entry in the contact directory is automatically opened allowing contact information to be added.
2. Press the Select key to enter a first name.
3. Enter the first name of the contact using the dial pad.
4. Press the Ok soft key to accept changes.
5. Press the Down arrow key to display the next field in the contact’s entry.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to enter the last name of the contact.
7. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to enter a contact number.
8. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to change the Speed Dial Index if desired.
The index can be any value between the next available index value and the maximum (99).
9. Press the Yes soft key to accept changes.