You can transfer a call in one of three ways:
Attended transfer—The party to whom you want to transfer the call
answers their phone before you transfer the call or hang up. You can
consult with them before completing the transfer.
- Blind transfer—The call is automatically transferred after you dial the number of the party to whom you want to transfer the call.
Performing a Attended Transfer
Perform an attended transfer if you want to talk to the party to whom you’re transferring the call. Or, you can choose not to talk to the party. In this case, you wait for the party’s ring-back sound, and then transfer the call.
To perform an attended transfer:
1. During a call, press Trans soft key.
The active call is placed on hold.
2. Do one of the following steps:
- Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call. A normal (or attended) transfer is assumed.
- Press the Normal soft key to access the local contact directory or received callers list. Then choose either the Dir or Callers soft key. Choose the number to which you want to transfer the call.
3. As soon as the ring-back sound is heard or after the party answers, press Trans soft key to complete the transfer.
You can talk privately to the party to which you are transferring the call before the transfer is completed.
If you are using a handset, you can complete the transfer by hanging up.
You can cancel the transfer before the call connects by pressing the Cancel soft key.
Performing a Blind Transfer
When you use a blind transfer, you transfer a call without speaking
to the party to whom you’re transferring the call. The call is
automatically transferred as soon as you dial the party’s number.
To perform a blind transfer:
1. During a call, press the Trans soft key.
2. Press the Blind soft key.
3. From the Blind Transfer to: screen, place a call to the party to whom you want to transfer the call.
If you want to cancel the transfer (before the call is placed), and return to the original call, press the Cancel soft key.
The call automatically transfers to your specified party