To create a new Auto-Attendant:
Click Features in the menu, then click Auto-Attendant.
Click the + Add New button.
Name your Auto Attendant and Hit Create.
Start with the Settings tab.
1. Enter a Description for the new Auto-Attendant.
2. Select the Announcement to be played to callers from the drop down menu. This will automatically pull recordings from the "Features"-->"Recordings" page. You can refer to How to Create or Upload Recordings to the Portal.
3. Delay Before Playing is the amount of silence before your Announcement begins to play.
4. You can either enable or disable Ring While Waiting, which plays ringing to the caller before it hits the Announcement.
5. Enter a Response Wait Time in seconds.
This is how many seconds the Auto-Attendant will wait for your response before timing out to the no input response.
6. Enter a Keypress Wait Time.
How many seconds the Auto-Attendant will wait for you to dial an extension, or any other option, before it times out. This differs from Response Wait Time in that it is waiting for multiple key presses.
7. Enter an Invalid key press limit.
Number of times the auto attendant will restart when an invalid key is pressed.
8. Enter a No key press limit.
Number of times the auto attendant will restart when no key is pressed.
9. Select yes or no for Allow Extension Dial via the toggle.
Setting to yes (blue) allows a caller to dial an Extension directly from the Auto-Attendant rather than going through the entire list of options.
10. Select yes or no for Allow Feature Dial via the toggle.
This allows you to dial a specific feature from the Auto-Attendant. For example, you can dial *98 to access a general Voicemail Box.
Now that your settings are complete, hit the back arrow, and go to the Key Codes tab.
You need to Add each new key code that you want to use.
Once you press Add new key code, this popup will appear so that you can fill out the fields.
1. Key (Press) - The number the caller presses to get to the "Application" or destination point. Select key press from the drop down.
2. Prepend Caller ID - Optional caller id that will display internally. Switch the toggle to on (blue) to enable and enter desired caller id. Limited to 5 characters.
3. Application - The action that the dial value will result in. Depending on the application you select, the selection or argument fields will not apply. For further details on Actions, click here.
4. Selection - The corresponding selection for the action, if applicable. For example, if you select "Extension" for the action, a list of your extensions will appear here.
5. Arguments - The corresponding argument for the action/selection. For example, if you select "Call Forwarding" for the action, you may put the phone number in the arguments field.
Don't worry about saving. With each selection, you will get an auto-save notification in the bottom-right corner.